A joint venture between the McMaster Engineering Society and the Faculty of Engineering, Engineering Co-op & Career Services connects students with employers, provides career-planning tools and resources, and provides opportunities for students to gain employment experience.
Engineering Co-op & Career Services (renamed in 2004) is funded through a combination of student MES fees ($45 unchanged since 1989), student co-op fees, and funds from the Faculty of Engineering.The primary mandate of ECCS is to:
- Link employers and students with each other
- Provide students with the necessary tools and resources to enhance their employability
- Managing the Engineering Co-op Program
- Planning employment/career workshops for students
- Inviting guest speakers for career-related information events
- Taking part in the campus recruitment process for graduating students
- Recruiting employers to hire students
Engineering Co-op & Career Services
1280 Main St. West, JHE A214
Phone: (905) 525-9140 ext. 22571
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday to FridayECCS will be OPEN during the spring and summer months - except for the following statutory holidays: May 19, July 1, August 4 and September 1.
Page Last Updated at 02:09:43 AM on 12/28/2008
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011