June 3 8pm $5 cover
– Rox Goodyear’s sound can best be described as roots rock, traversing the ground between rock, blues, country and folk. Her songs take the listener on a journey of discovery about life, faith, doubt and the relationships that happen along the way.
- Alex plays whatever guitar is needed for his music. Alex has many musical influences – The Beatles, Billy Joel, Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies are just to name a few. Surely an eclectic collection of similar fun and soothing artists!
June 10 8pm $5 cover
June 17 8pm $5cover
– London-based Too Much Unsaid has a very unique sound. It fuses influences from many different genres, including blues, jazz, rock, gypsy folk and a touch of funk to create a particularly unique sound. The band consists of Jessie Jones (vocals and guitar), Andy Chillman (vocals and guitar), Adam Goodlet (percussion), Pete Henderson (bass and guitar).
– Chris Miller makes rock music disguised as folk, writing songs about himself disguised as songs about others. Deeply influenced by 5 or so decades of songwriters from Bob Dylan to Mark Lanegan, he uses both contemporary and traditional structures to ground his style, and makes honesty his best policy
June 24 8pm $5 cover
– Formerly the Trillingham Ladies Chorus, Nero’s Fiddle is a five member a’cappella ensemble that grew out of a stage act at the now defunct, but unforgettable Ontario Renaissance Festival. Cast as much for characters as singers, Nero’s Fiddle is an eclectic mix of unusual suspects with a range of ages, interests, alibis, quirks and sounds. The live show is as much about comedy as music, performing haunting Celtic ballads in perfect five part harmony, and traditional pub songs with a fresh twist that’s both bawdy and beautiful. Nero’s Fiddle are: Jennifer Botari, Christine Girardi, Shannon Kitchings, Jennifer Smith and Hero Van Harten.
– “We play what we like to listen to” Those words are the only words that can describe the music of Eclectic Revival. While performing mostly Celtic, rock, and original pieces, these guys take music from every genre, decade, arrangement, throwing it into a blender and finding how far they can push it. With the talents of Nick Brodie on electric guitar, Kevin Buchan on sax, Chris Reed on bass, Chris Kerba on acoustic guitar and lead vocals, and Rachel Kelly on Drums, this group will stop at nothing to entertain a crowd.