Annette Poechman Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
adults, interview skills, Employment Preparation
In today’s evolving world of work, knowing what is required to be successful in a job search can be very challenging. Should you rely simply on job boards? Do you need a resume? What about LinkedIn? How do you prepare for the interview? Annette Poechman is qualified and ready to help you with these issues and more.
Recent graduates and students may find transitioning from school to the world of work an overwhelming task, and one where they need direction and support. Annette works with young graduates to develop their written and oral presentation skills, thereby increasing the likelihood of success in employment readiness, job search and transitional activities.
Adults and career changers face similar yet different challenges when confronted by a job search. Explaining a resume with employment gaps, the loss of a job, or areas with skill deficits can be problematic.
Working with Annette will help create direction and a path through the ever-changing demands of employment. This in turn will reduce anxiety and will lead to increased success, heightened self-confidence and self-esteem. Annette listens, guides and cares.
Typical employment readiness activities include:
- Understanding labour market information to become clearer about career choices
- Successful job search strategies where to start
- where to be and where not to be
- the power of face to face networking, relationship building, and social networking
- appropriate follow up
- appropriate format and length
- what to leave in and leave out
- action verbs
- transferable skills
- success-based experience
- what automation means for resumes
- Cover letters
- how to craft a cover letter that commands attention
- Interview skills
- how to prepare for different types of interviews
- answering difficult questions
- behavioural based interviewing
- practice interviews
The impact of a successful job search is significant. Personal satisfaction is derived, in part, from having a job that you love, being compensated appropriately, and being able to contribute to the world of work. Let Annette help you find the job of your dreams. Get started today.
, Employment Preparation
, how to prepare for interview
, interview skills
, Job Search Strategies
Contact Annette Poechman Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
Print this page