M.Sc., M.Ed., S-LP(C)
Assessment of speech-language skills in both French and English:
• Your child's speech and language skills are assessed by a certified
speech-language pathologist in order to determine the extent of a potential communication difficulty.
• Assessment procedures include the use of formal tests, as well as
informal observations and parent interviews.
• Formal assessment and progress reports are available on request.
Consultation services for parents, as well as for pre-school and school-based
personnel, in both French and English.
Direct speech-language intervention services are provided on an individual as
well as on a small group basis,
for children aged from birth to 18 years:
• Parents are an integral part of the therapeutic process and are
encouraged to observe the sessions. Suggestions for home follow-up activities are shared at the end of each session.
• A number of skills may be targeted during intervention and will
vary according to identified needs. This could include: early communication skills; social language
skills; the development of articulation skills or specific phonological processes; oral-motor functioning;
phonological awareness, pre-reading and early reading skills; understanding of language; and expressive
language skills, including vocabulary use and retrieval, as well as grammatical skills.