A D Metro’s ULTRA is a glass armoured resistive technology and is an excellent alternative to standard resistive when durability is an issue. ULTRA is a proven technology deployed in thousands of applications worldwide. ULTRA is the pinnacle of resistive technology.
What is ULTRA?
A micro-thin sheet of borosilicate glass is laminated to the ITO polyester top sheet used in the typical construction of resistive touch sensors. This A D Metro patented process produces a flexible glass membrane which is scratch resistant, water proof and impervious to chemicals, fire and stylus use. The resulting touch sensor is ideally suited to Military, Industrial, Mobile, Public Kiosk and Medical applications. ULTRA glass armoured configurations are available for 4, 5, and 8 wire sensors from 3.5" to 19.1".
- Abrasion and scratch resistant;
- Water proof and impervious to flames, chemicals, solvents etc.;
- Maintains all typical benefits of resistive technology;
- Expanded operating environmental window. Can operate where no other technology can;
- Lasts longer due to the stiffer glass/polyester top layer which reduces ITO fracturing failures including damage from stylus use;
- Reduced pillowing possibility of the top layer as glass/polyester lamination has a closer expansion/contraction coefficient to the substrate glass;
- The glass/polyester top layer does not shatter and allows the sensor to continue to operate even after extreme abuse such as deep scoring, repeated impact trauma and other vandalism;
- If the substrate breaks, the broken glass shards are safely held behind the glass/polyester top layer which will remain intact.
Advancing the company’s commitment to produce leading edge touch technology, A D Metro’s flagship product is its patented ULTRA technology, the industry’s first pressure activated flexible glass touch sensor. This revolutionary enhancement to resistive-type sensors delivers the most durable, usable and cost effective touch sensor available on the market today.
To meet the needs of specialized touch requirements A D Metro prides itself in developing innovative custom solutions for extreme environments such as military, industrial or vandal prone environments.
Our goal is to become a leading authority in delivering touch based solutions to customers around the world.