Passenger car engine oils, also called passenger car motor oils (PCMO) must provide engine protection under a wide variety of conditions, ranging from low temperature short trip service to extended high speed, high temperature operations. PCMOs use friction modifiers and lower viscosity grades to contribute to fuel economy while controlling deposit levels, minimizing wear, and reducing catalyst degradation.
Oronite's Performance Advantages
Oronite provides PCMO technology for the United States, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East with distinct performance advantages. Some examples include:
- Combination of superior deposit control additives and unique friction modifier chemistry which provides the performance to balance the demands of improved engine cleanliness and fuel economy
- Friction modifiers (FMs) with class leading fuel economy performance
- Unique multifunctional oxidation and wear inhibition chemistry with exceptional wear protection, even at very low phosphorus levels
- Chlorine-free dispersant chemistry providing superior deposit control and fuel economy
- A wide range of detergent chemistries that provide superior high temperature deposit control
- High performance viscosity modifier chemistry, meeting a wide range of applications with class leading thickening efficiency
Oronite's Product Development Methodology
Oronite is very active in the development of future PCMO products, including cleaner low SAPS (Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus, Sulfur) products to meet ACEA C1 European specification for low emission engines and products meeting ILSAC GF-5 US specification to improve fuel economy. We are investing heavily in innovative additive technology to provide leading-edge competitive PCMO products for our customers.
Review additional components to formulate efficient finished oils, and .