The weather sure feels like summer, how about your home?
Lighten up for Summer and here are some ideas on how you can make your place a better space.
1. Remove dark & heavy rugs and linens. Lighten up by replacing them with bright summer linens in whites or light colours.
2. Store the dark lamp shades and change to light coloured or white, even change up the shape of the shade.
3. Everything is fresh now so why not display fresh fruits and flowers around your home. Put a bowl full of apples in the family room, a small bouquet of flowers by your bed or in the bathroom. Bring in these living things and bring in life to your space.
4. Change out pillows and throws to brightly coloured ones. Try yellow, teal blue, coral or white & navy.
5. Add white décor, blankets, vases, curtain panels, and make your home feel fresh and clean.
6. Use thing from the shore to bring the beach home. Driftwood, sand, and shells. If you don't have real ones look for the motif on decorative items.
7. Think crisp linen, light greys, whites, pastel blues and greens on the beds.
8. Adding a thick awning stripes really adds to the summer theme. Big strips always say summer.
9. Put away as much of your décor for the summer. Less is more and it helps the room feel lighter and more airy.
10. Add Botanicals theme artwork or seaside images on the walls.
contact us if you need any help making your place a better space.