ecoENERGY Retrofit Program « CanSpec Inspection Services
How the ecoENERGY Retrofit Program Works (6 Easy Steps)
- $150 Rebate
Receive a $150 rebate cheque from the Ontario Home Energy Retrofit Program. We process the paperwork for you so that you receive the rebate automatically. It can take up to 120 days to receive this rebate.
Based on the recommendations made by our certified energy advisors, you can begin to do the renovations that will improve the energy efficiency of your home. We also provide you with a full report that includes the amount of grant money you will receive for each of the improvements. You have until March 31, 2012 to complete the renovations. You do not have to complete everything suggested, but you will receive credit for the renovations you complete. We do not perform the work for you – you can do it yourself or you can hire a contractor. The amount of grant money you receive depends on the improvements you complete and has nothing to do with how much you spend or your annual income.
- Post-Retrofit Assessment
For a fee, complete your post-retrofit ecoENERGY Retrofit assessment with us after you have finished your renovations and before March 30, 2012. We will confirm the changes you made and complete all the paperwork for you so that you…
- Federal Grants
Receive grants up to $5,000 from the ecoENERGY Retrofit Program based on the ecoENERGY Retrofit assessment. It can take up to 120 days to receive the grants. PLEASE NOTE: The program ends March 31, 2012.
Remember, before you install, give CanSpec a call!
The ecoENERGY Retrofit Program energy assessment includes:
- a detailed energy evaluation of your home carried out by a specially trained advisor
- a “blower door” test to find air leaks
- a written report that shows where your energy dollars are being spent and how to improve energy efficiency
- an EnerGuide for Houses rating label that shows you how energy efficient your home is compared with others
- all grant and rebate ($150) paperwork is completed by us – you don’t have to complete any paperwork
Why book an energy assessment?
You could receive up to $5,000 in grants thanks to the ecoENERGY Retrofit Program.
The ecoENERGY Retrofit Program energy assessment will help you identify where your home is wasting energy and will give you unbiased and useful recommendations on how to:
- save money
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions,
- increase the comfort of your home, eliminating drafts and sweaty windows, and
- increase clean and healthy air in your home.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011