If you’re like me, you LOVE to find tasty ways to feature seasonal craft beer in your comfort cooking.
And so, in the spirit of the Holiday Season, I’ve set out to combine my two favourite things… Craft Beer and Chocolate!
2 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 or 3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of crushed red pepper
3 cups chopped bell peppers
2 cups fresh tomatoes or 1 15-oz can
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cake firm tofu (or you can try experimenting with chicken, beef or pork)
1. Warm up oil in saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions for about 6 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic and salt, sirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add thyme, cinnamon and crushed red peppers and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped bell peppers and saute for about 7 minutes or until peppers are soft.
4. Stir in Nutcracker Porter, tomatoes and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add tofu cubes and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice or
. And don’t forget to pair Mole with a glass of Nutcracker Porter!
We’d love to hear your Nutcracker Porter recipes. Share them with us on our