Enviro-Stewards Inc., Engineers & Scientists: Environmental Compliance Assistance
Enviro-Stewards can save you money and reduce project complexity by taking a Pollution Prevention approach rather than a typical end-of-pipe approach.
Compliance work typically includes:
- Assessing baseline conditions;
- Identifying & quantifying opportunities to reduce loadings at source;
- Preparing a design basis and feasibility assessment of treatment options;
- Pilot-scale testing (if necessary); and
- Design, installation, commissioning, and technical support assistance.
- Subsidy programs do not typically extend to assistance with environmental compliance (as facilities are already legally required to comply).
Address Problem Drivers
- Regulatory drivers include:
- Municipal/Regional (sanitary & storm sewer bylaws);
– Provincial/State (effluent wastewater & air discharge Certificates of Approval (C of A), air emission & hazardous waste reporting); and
– Federal (Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) notices, National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) reporting).
- Market advantage can be obtained by avoiding publicity associated with non-compliance and reducing emissions to below reporting thresholds (see Trimac case study).
- Most corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs include compliance with applicable environmental legislation as a baseline requirement. Some require developed world environmental compliance standards to be applied in facilities located in the developing world.