Manager of Finance
Job Profile and Description
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities.
The Accounting Manager is also expected to make recommendations to the General Manager for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Accounting Manager supervises all staff related to the accounting department. This position must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Maintain the financial health of the firm by:
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Analysis of cashflow
- Analysis of job costing
- Analysis of financial contractual tender documents
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of schedule of values for progress billings
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Respond to inquiries from the General Manager regarding financial results, special reporting requests
- Work with the retained second party firm to ensure a clean and timely yearend review
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Five to seven years prior senior management experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas.
- Must be PC proficient and have experience with an automated accounting system.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Please send resume by fax or mail addressed to human resources at:
566 Darcy St.
Fax # 905 372 6511