Solid State Reversible Rectifiers
JBC 2001 Limited
This is the rectifier of choice for most hardchrome platers. By far, the most rugged and reliable of all reversible rectifiers today. Available in natural convection-cooled units up to 2,000A and forced air-cooled up to 24,000A. Ripple filtered for hardchrome plating and non-filtered for Electro-cleaning processes. Heavy duty extruded aluminum heatsinks are gold irridited and used to draw heat from the secondary SCR's. Programmable cycle timers switch power from etch cycle (reverse) firing circuit to the plating cycle (forward) firing circuit.
- Low current density transformers
- All copper windings
- Highest grade electrical coresteel
- Highest grade Nomex insulation
- Heatsinks are gold irridited aluminum
- Interphase to reduce rms. currents
- Ripple less than 5% at full output
- Rated for continuous duty at full output
- Max. Temp. Rise of 85C at 45C ambient
- Meets ripple requirements for aerospace plating processes
- CSA Approved
- 2 year warranty
Advantage over reversing switches
- No moving parts
- Much more energy efficient, simply because there is no large switch to heat up.
- Cycle mode timers ensure over-etching of expensive parts does not occur.
- Less expensive and easier direct to tank installation.
- More cost effective than buying a rectifier plus a reversing switch
- No expensive maintenance of reversing switch contacts.
- No poor contact connections
- No voltage drop across reversing switch