Let's Get Started with your landscape
landscape, Gardens, Landscape Design
"OGS - We love the work and are really happy we went with the waterfall. I can hardly wait to start planting around the waterfall and in the new gardens. I know where my new favourite place is! Thank you for a beautiful job." ~ Joanne R.
OGS Landscape Services needs your help! Before any good designer can begin, there are a few things that you as the client need to consider. A patio is not 'just a patio' if you entertain 10 people frequently, and the patio only sits 6 comfortably. It becomes a disappointment, and we at OGS Landscape Services like to anticipate your lifestyle so that we can design with it in mind.A few moments of consideration to answer the following questions will help us give you exactly what you're looking for — and feel confident to leave the design part up to us!
| Let's get started! |
When we meet, we will discuss your answers, take measurements of the area(s) involved, and with permission take a few pictures. (Please note that it is extremely rare for a landscape design to be completed on site.)We realize that not all questions will apply to everyone, but if you could take note of the answers to questions that do apply, we will be able to serve you better.Thank-you
- Number of occupants in house.
Child 0-12 ___ Teens 13-17 ___ Adults 18-25 ___
Adults 26-49 ___ Adults over 50 ___
- How long do you plan on living here? _____ years
- How long have you lived here? _____ years
- Do you have any future building/addition plans? ____ yes ____ no
- Does your family have any outdoor hobbies? ____ yes ____ no
What would they be? __________________________________
- List any current problems with your yard?
Do you have any drainage issues? _____ yes _____no
Do you have any wind issues? _____yes _____no
- Do you require space for a storage shed? ______ yes _____ no
Approximate dimension: ______(l) x _______(w)
- Do you have any parking issues; not enough space. _____ yes _____ no
- Are you interested in a swimming pool or hot tub? _____ yes _____ no
If yes, which? ___Swimming Pool ___Hot Tub ____Both
If yes, dimensions: ______(l) x ______(w)
- Do you need any shade structures? ______yes _____no
- Are you interested in a pond, waterfall, or other water feature? ____yes _____no
If yes to any of the above, which? __________________
- Are you interested in irrigation or landscape lighting? ____yes ____no
If yes, which? ______________________
- Estimate the amount of leisure time you spend or will be spending in your yard.
_____ Hours per day or _____ Hours per week
- Do you need open space for sports activities? _____yes ______no
- Do you entertain outdoors? If so, how many people on average? _____ people
- Do you cook outdoors? _____rarely _____sometimes _____frequently
- Do you want a vegetable garden? _____yes _____no
- Do you have outdoor pets. What kind? _________________
- Budget range.
____Under $10,000 ____$10-$20,000 ____$20-$30,000
____$30-50,000 ____Over $50,000 ____Over $75,000
Plant SelectionGardens can make a landscape complete by softening the stone and creating a more natural setting. They do not need to be elaborate, but the right plants in the right place can create a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere in the landscape!How much you landscape is optional to everyone! Some clients like us to prepare the garden beds only, while others like them to be planted, and still a few others don't want a garden at all!
- Colours that you like and don't like.
- Plants you like and don't like.
- Interested in perennials and/or grasses?
If yes, which varieties_____________________________
- Interested in annuals? ______yes _____no
If yes, which varieties?_________________________
- How much time will you have for maintenance per week Or will someone else be maintaining your landscape?
______Me _______hours or _______others
Additional comments welcomed!
|Servicing Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering, Courtice, Bowmanville, Scugog, Port Perry, Newcastle, Toronto, North York, East York, Markham, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Thornhill, Newmarket, Kawartha Lakes, Cobourg, Port Hope and surrounding areas. |
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Landscape Design
, Landscape Services