What we’re made of.
Being a family company
makes us look at things differently. It inspires us to continually
improve our products with better ingredients. And while other companies
may not see the importance in doing things like sharing those
ingredients, we make it a priority.
Going beyond industry standards. That’s the family standard.
Johnson's ingredient communication plan builds on a household products
industry right-to-know initiative that was announced in late 2008. It's a
solid program, and we applaud it. In fact, we're so committed to your
right to know that we're going to go significantly further.
Our plan includes:
• Listing all ingredients, including dyes, preservatives and fragrance ingredients.
• Focusing on a single naming system - the International Nomenclature of
Cosmetic Ingredients – for simplicity and clarity. These are terms
you're used to seeing on make up and personal products.
• Not just listing, but defining ingredients, and including an explanation of their purpose in the product.
• Communicating in English as well as Spanish, which you can find .
• Adding products from SC Johnson Canada (in English and French), which you can find .
Interested in the latest news on our progress? Visit our Press Room .
Toll-free Consumer Resource Center: You can also get the information you need by calling SC Johnson's toll-free Consumer Resource Center at 1-800-558-5252.
Packaging: Within two years, you'll find ingredients listed on all SC Johnson home cleaning and air freshening product packages.