LW - Everybody's Outlet Store - allocationanaylst
ALLOCATION ANALYST - BRANTFORD, ON
Develops store forecasts and allocates merchandise in a manner that supports the achievement of the company’s sales, turn and margin objectives while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Develops Store Forecasts, taking into consideration such factors as:
- Level at which to develop the forecast (class, group of subclasses, subclass, other).
- Assortment factors (all-chain or partial chain-buy and customer characteristics by location).
- High-volume or square-footage considerations.
- Appropriate Sales Basis.
- Other factors, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with Buyer, Planner and Presentation Department to insure stores have appropriate minimum quantities to properly present the product.
- Develops Inventory Plans and Forecasts for New Stores based on overall sales targets with adjustments for products influenced by specific customer characteristics.
- Provides observations, conclusions and recommendations based on comparing actual results to the forecast and allocation strategies for the purpose of improving future performance:
- Recommends future product edits based on sales performances of similar products.
- Recommends purchase quantities and sales opportunities based on sales performances of similar products.
- Recommends potential feature items (ad, end-cap, seasonal areas) based on sales and inventory performance and position.
- Allocates received merchandise according to an agreed upon strategy with the buyer and the planner, with special attention given to the following:
- New Stores, ensuring their planned and forecasted inventories are achieved.
- Ad Merchandise, ensuring agreed upon minimum presentation expectations are met.
- Provides information to Allocation Management, as requested. Types of information expected include:
- A summary of inventory issues or points needing clarification for weekly communication to the field management team.
- Recommendations for trailer prioritization.
- Other information, as needed.
- Contributes business insights to the integrated buyer, planner, allocation analyst team on a regular basis. Obtains feedback and approval for forecast and allocation strategies from buyer and planner team members.
- Supports buyers and planners with requested analyses, with a focus on providing observations, conclusions and recommendations based on the gathered data.
- Visits local stores regularly to see how allocation actions affect stores.
- Coordinates the Allocation “Release” schedule with allocation team members, the Distribution Center and Allocation Management, ensuring timely allocation of all products, but with special attention given to featured items such as ad, end-cap and seasonal items.
- Achieves annual Sales Dollar, Margin Dollar and Inventory Turn targets for assigned product areas at chain level.
- Maintains Inventory Balance across the chain, as measured by the number of stores that fall within a specified percentage of the Company Average Weeks-of-Supply.
- Allocates merchandise received in a timely fashion.
- Properly places Ad Merchandise.
- Allocates New Store inventories to the agreed upon level.
- Others, as established by the Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of post secondary education
- Two to four years of retail, business analysis or business planning experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills, including the ability to prioritize, recognize trends and problem solve.
- System capable in spreadsheet, word processing, analytical and data warehouse tools.
- Capable of learning new processes and tools quickly.
- Capable of achieving business results through cross-functional team-work.
- Capable of working independently.
- Capable of providing supervision to others.
If you have the experience, passion and aptitude we have outlined, please submit your full career details, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Fax: (866) 807 9666
Equal Opportunity Employer where our people are as diverse as our product! We do not discriminate in making employment decisions based upon race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation or any prohibited grounds.