PICS Produce Industry Inventory Control Software
Screens, Inventory Control, control system
PICS is all about buying, selling and effectively tracking produce. The Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) is a robust and reliable software solution that has been specially created for companies in the fast paced produce industry to improve operations, traceability and profitability. Traceability is more than a “buzz word” today – it’s a must!
The PICS Advantage:
- Handles all types and sizes of inventory
- Affordable for every business – from small to large
- Allows multiple units for buying and selling
- Open ended costing
- Efficient and easy to use
- Outstanding support
- Continuous enhancements
- Loads, Purchase Orders including Confirmation of Sale forms and Quality Control Receiving Forms
- Flexible costing system (open ended - loads are not closed until all invoices have arrived)
- Allows storage of all information necessary for Canada Customs (for importing)
- Purchase Orders can be set up in advance and received when the product arrives
- Receiving can be done without having Purchase Orders in advance
- Unlimited Currencies
- Point of sale style order entry
- Line by line display of inventory quantity information
- Line by line display of profit in dollars and percentage
- Full detailed order forms, picking tickets, order labels and Bill of Lading forms
- Orders grouped into batches for easy correction and updating
- Salesman book number tracking (including missing order report)
- Reservation of stock can be made for customers and/or salespeople, without having to enter orders
- Unlimited Currencies
- Physical Inventory Taking (optionally with barcode readers)
- Barcode Sticker creation (warehouse and/or stock)
- Automatic determination of 'Current' items (which handles seasonal inventory)
- User definable number of decimals on quantity, cost and selling prices
- System generated or user defined stock numbers supported
- Unlimited number of user defined warehouses
- Picking locations
- Full lot control or FIFO selectable by product
- Stock Adjustments with user definable adjustment types and reasons
- Warehouse Transfers (also known as Track orders)
- Production types - will allow "many to many" work orders (i.e. numerous items combined together to make 2 or more output items). It will of course also handle "many to one" and "one to one" work orders. The system will allow regular lot or static lot items to be used as inputs or outputs.
- Costing - Cost flows from the original purchase orders through the work orders, right down to the finished items, even if there are multiple work orders in between (i.e. head lettuce gets made into shredded lettuce, and then in another work order, the shredded lettuce is combined with other items to make salad). A "Close" button on the work order runs the final calculations and update the costs of all output items once the work order is finished.
- Bill of Materials - The work orders will be set up initially either manually, or by selecting from a list of "bill of materials". Any work order can be "saved as" a Bill of Materials as well, in case that particular Production needs to be run again.
- Inventory - When work orders are saved, the quantity of the output items are shown in the inventory as "being produced". And the quantity of the input items are shown in the inventory as "to production" and their available for sale balances are be reduced.
- As postings are made to the work order to bring more raw materials (inputs) in, and/or to take away the finished goods (outputs) as they are made, the inventory is updated in real time.
- Labour - the system allows the set up of employees and their various rates of pay. The system will allow you to select which employees worked on a work order and how many hours/minutes they worked on it. When their time spent is factored by their pay rate(s), the cost of labour can be added to the cost of the output items as well.
- Overhead - allows various overhead amounts to be entered and to be included in the cost calculations
- Used when you are paid to facilitate the sale of product from one company to another, and do not take title to the product.
- Can automatically fill the vendor or purchaser from the Customer selected.
- Supports generic and/or Purchaser specific items.
- Reports weights in LB and/or KG.
- Simply, easy to use Brokerage Order entry screen which is consistent and fully integrated with other screens in PICS.
- Accounts Payable – Fast voucher entry with multiple distribution capability, system generated and manual cheques supported, as well as bank draft wire transfers
- General Ledger – Account history, balance summary screen, transactions with full history, supports multiple open periods, financial statements including Balance sheet, Trial balance, Income statement, G/L history, General Journal and others
- Payroll – Simply Accounting, Simply Payroll, EasyPay or Paymate (3rd party Canadian Payroll software packages) are available and can be interfaced with the PICS General Ledger
- Interfaces have also been developed to allow the use of 3rd party accounting software (AccPac for Windows is supported, but other interfaces can be created)
- An unlimited number of User Profiles can be set up, with password protection
- All menu items, as well as numerous functions within screens can be controlled on a user by user basis
- Items which users do not have security for are removed from the screens
- Optional automatic logout after user defined period of inactivity
- Extensive auditing of user activity
- All data tables have information about the user, date, time and workstation that records were created and/or updated
- Sales & Profit Analysis - By customer, product, product category, salesperson, vendor, customer/product or product/customer
- Profit percentages expressed as gross margin or markup
- Financial Statements - several are included with the General Ledger. Tremendous flexibility available via our no-cost CodeRunner add-on
- Security & Auditing - keep track of when users log in, log out, and what happens in between
- Up to 3 levels of reporting: over 100 standard reports; quick custom report writer included; and optional enhanced custom report designer available
Operating system requirements - PICS will run best on either Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro. On the server, Windows 2000, 2003 or 2008 is recommended. PICS will not run in the 64 bit versions of Windows.
Networking - Since PICS is written in FoxPro (one of the fastest databases on the market), speed of index retrieval is extremely important. Therefore Gigabit networks are the best, however it will work on 100 megabit and 10 megabit networks. We strongly recommend the use of Microsoft Terminal Services.
Disk storage - Minimal local storage is required on the individual workstations as all shared files are stored on the server. The space required on the server or shared data folder will vary with your volume of business, but between 100 and 500 MB per year is a reasonable estimate (these estimates are based on a company that does 100 orders a day and 500 orders a day respectively).
Printers - PICS can be configured to print to any printer that has a windows driver. Standard reports are designed to print in landscape orientation on 8.5 x 11 paper on laser printers. Forms (Cheques, Statements, Invoices, Pick Tickets etc.) can be modified by the user to print on any printer desired. All forms can be "anchored" to specific printers, which means that they will go to the appropriate printer by default, without the users needing to select it. We discourage the use of dot matrix printers. Wherever possible, print servers should be utilized.
Barcoding - Any barcode printer with a windows printer driver can be used. Barcodes can also be configured to be printed on laser printers or other printers (although printing barcodes on dot matrix printers is not recommended). Most brands of barcode readers on the market (that send their data through the keyboard interface) can be configured to work with PICS.
Wireless - The components of PICS which run on wireless devices are designed to work on any device which has a screen size of 320 x 240 pixels or larger. At the present time, the best results have been achieved on devices running Windows Internet Explorer. With regard to wireless connectivity, we have had varying results with different handhelds running over 802.11b, but have found the Dell Axim units to be the best (as of Oct 2004). We have worked with DLink and Linksys Access points, and found the Linksys to be better. Please note that there are constant improvements being made in this type of hardware, so the best thing to do is consult with a wireless infrastructure company at the time of implementation.
, Inventory Control
, inventory control system
, Produce Inventory
Contact Produce Inventory
Email - none provided
Print this page