Changing the Canadian Investment Landscape!
At Investors Source Wealth Management we have determined that most Canadian investors should have better performance, better income, better tax deductions and better investment opportunities made available to them. In the Canadian landscape, the expertise of a Portfolio Manager has traditionally been restricted to individuals with investment assets that exceed $1million.
Conventional Portfolio Managers are retained by mutual fund companies, insurance companies or banks, and independent Portfolio Managers will not entertain the idea of working with an individual or a family that does not meet a certain asset threshold.
At Investors Source Wealth Management, we made it our goal to change that.
We know that not everyone has $1million, but every investor should have the opportunity to invest like someone who does.
As a result, we have worked diligently to provide to our clients with access to Portfolio Managers who think like we do.
At Investors Source Wealth Management we have created an intimate relationship between the Portfolio Manager and the client who can now have direct access to their knowledge and proficiency. The client can benefit by having a Portfolio Manager who is contracted to them to act in the client’s best interest.
If you are an investor who is familiar with the traditional but distant approach of accessing Portfolio Manager by buying mutual funds from your local bank or mutual fund provider, it is time for you to re-evaluate your position and make a change.
With the fluctuations investors have seen over the past decade and the impact of booms and subsequent busts in the global markets, being concerned is now common territory.
Having enough cash flow in retirement is a concern for individuals of all ages.
At Investors Source Wealth Management and Insurance we offer products and relationships that create a solution for individuals that have varying risk-profiles. If you are a conservative investor, we can help you gain the security you require on your assets. If you are an aggressive investor, our investment analytics are second to none. If you are a moderate investor, we can create a merged fusion of safety and growth.
Our investment solutions are designed for each investor and come with a wide range of options, including income benefits that have traditionally been associated with annuities such as secure income and the protection of capital. We want to work with investors that are seeking long-term growth potential and protection within their investments.
Peace of mind comes with market growth, regular income and a guarantee on your money and income for life.
Keep Your Money Safe!
Investors Source Wealth Management has established relationships with specialized financial practitioners that share the same set of philosophical beliefs. We pride ourselves on working with Portfolio Managers and Custodians that are regulated by the government.
As your financial planners, it is our obligation and fiduciary responsibility to ensure that our clients’ financial assets are stable and protected at all times. This is an integral part of our due diligence process.
Here is a brief summary of how individuals are protected when investing in Canada.
- PORTFOLIO MANAGER: A Portfolio Manager holds a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation which requires that the individual have at least one university degree, must successfully complete three rigorous one-year courses and have at least four years experience. The courses include a strong emphasis on ethical standards as well as economics and portfolio management.
- REGISTRATION: All Portfolio Managers are registered with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) which permits them to offer discretionary investment management to clients. The OSC audits Portfolio Managers regularly to ensure that all reporting to clients follows strict rules and to guarantee that all clients are treated fairly.
- DISCRETIONARY ACCOUNTS: Investment management on a “discretionary” basis means that the Portfolio Manager (PM) makes all of the client’s investment decisions, but only after meeting their investment requirements. The PM is contracted to the client with a legally binding document, normally entitled a Investment Policy Statement. All “know your client” information is written down, an investment strategy is agreed upon, and both parties sign the contract. The PM ensures that each investment made is suitable and is fully responsible for investment performance.*
*For clients personally using a PM. Clients utilizing insurance investments, the PM is required to follow the prospectus of the segregated fund.
- CUSTODIAN: The client’s account is kept at a third party custodian in their name, not in the name of the custodian and not in the name of the Portfolio Manager. It always is and always will remain the client’s money in the client’s account. The custodian does not permit any payments from the client’s account to a third party – only to the client and to the Portfolio Manager for fees rendered for investment counseling services. These fees are specifically and legally stated in the contract signed with the PM.*
*For clients personally using a PM.
- STATEMENTS: Clients will receive a statement from the custodian at least every calendar quarter. The statement shows all the transactions made and the market value of the client’s account. They also show all purchase prices of securities so that the clients tax preparation is facilitated.
- Clients investing in segregated funds will receive statements bi-annually from the insurance company. The statement shows all the transactions made and the market value of the client’s account. They also show all purchase prices of securities so that the clients tax preparation is facilitated.