Home Selling Tips - How Home Inspections Help in Selling Your Home
Above Grade Home Inspections
Home Selling Tips
Are you considering or looking to sell your home? Consider inspecting your home before listing to prevent unwanted objections or surprises. When selling, we have a list of home selling tips to help you sell your home faster and you may just get more.
When looking to sell we suggest considering our Pre-Listing Home Inspection. Our pre-listing inspections are designed to help you find the issues before your buyer does.
Home Selling Tips - Importance of Pre-Listing Home Inspection
When a home inspection is performed there is nothing better than getting a 10/10 report. By following these home selling tips you can minimize report conditions, as well minimize possible delays in the home closing process. The buyers inspection can go smoother, with fewer concerns.
- Confirm that water, electric and gas service are on, with gas pilot lights burning.
- Ensure pets won't hinder the inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from premises or secured outside.
- Replace burned out bulbs to avoid a "light is inoperable" report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace dead batteries.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from foundation. These may be cited as "conducive conditions" for termites or moisture problems.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electric service panels, water heaters, attics and crawl spaces.
- Unlock areas the inspector must access - attic doors or hatches, electric service panels, closets, fence gates and crawl spaces.
- Attend to broken or missing items like doorknobs, locks and latches, windowpanes, screens and locks, gutters, downspouts and chimney caps.
Ask us about special pricing on home inspection services to assist in selling your home in Simcoe County, Alliston, Collingwood & Orillia!
For more details, visit - http://www.abovegradehomeinspections.ca/Inspection-Resourses/home-selling-tips.htm
Home Selling Tips