Are you fearful about coming in for treatment? Do you avoid appointments, something that has put your oral health in jeopardy?
Oral sedation may be the answer!
How does it work?
You simply take a little pill prior to treatment, leaving you completely relaxed and extremely comfortable. Our team monitors your vital signs constantly and you are never left alone. You will still be awake enough to respond to the doctor, but will be very relaxed and comfortable through the entire appointment! Due to the wonderfully relaxing effects of the pill, you will need someone to drive you to and from the appointment.
Will I feel anything?
Sedation dentistry dramatically reduces the body’s natural tendency to tense muscles while stressed, helping you to feel relaxed and at ease. Dental anesthetics are more effective while the body is relaxed, practically eliminating any concerns about discomfort during treatment. Your postoperative discomfort can be treated with simple over-the-counter medications such as Advil (ibuprofen) or Tylenol (acetominophen).
Who can benefit from sedation dentistry?
All sorts of patients can benefit! Do you…
- Have excessive fears about dental appointments?
- Have difficulty getting numb?
- Hate needles and shots?
- Hate the noises and smells associated with the dental office?
- Have a strong gag reflex?
- Have highly sensitive teeth?
- Have complex dental problems that will otherwise take several appointments to complete?
- Wish to have a comprehensive smile redesign?
Oral sedation can be a wonderful option for many patients; be sure you ask about this service if you are interested.