Crime Stoppers is asking for the public’s help in solving the following case of theft being investigated by the Truro Police Service.
The theft that occurred overnight on Thursday, August 11, 2011 from the Chignecto School Bus garage at 266 Crossley Avenue, Truro, Nova Scotia.
- 2005 white Chevrolet Silverado 3/4 ton truck, NSL: DZK640, with trailer attached
- 2001 white GMC pickup, Restricted Plate: R24138, with trailer attached
- (4) Husqvarna whipper snippers ($400.00 each)
- (2) red Western plows (most likely attached to the trucks)
- (4) orange Kubota GF1800 industrial lawn mowers (two mowers on each of the trailers)
Both trucks have Chignecto Central School Board logos on the doors, yellow flashing lights on top of the back rack. One trailer has a license plate of R23558, the other trailer is black. Total value of stolen property $194,500.
The 2001 white GMC pickup was recovered in the woods off Pictou Rd Bible Hill NS on Friday, August 12, 2011. The truck was completely burnt.