No Magic Asia Ltd - products
No Magic Asia
Engineering, Software Development, Teamwork
MagicDraw is a visual UML modeling and CASE
tool with teamwork support. Designed for Business Analysts, Software
Analysts, Programmers, QA Engineers, and Documentation Writers, this
dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design
of Object Oriented (OO) systems and databases. It provides the
industry's best code engineering mechanism (with full round-trip
support for Java, C#, C++, and CORBA IDL programming languages), as
well as database schema modeling, DDL generation and reverse
MagicDraw supports UML 2.3 metamodel, the latest XMI standard for data
storage and the most popular programming languages for implementation.
Historically, MagicDraw is always the first to fully support new
standards from bodies such as the OMG and W3C.
Unlike other UML modeling and architecture environments, MagicDraw
makes it easy for you to deploy a Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC) environment that best suits the needs of your business. Our
fanatical approach to standards and our Open API makes it easy for you
to integrate with applications that work together, best supporting the
needs of your business. We integrate with many leading products: IDEs,
requirements, testing, estimation, MDA, database, and others.
MagicDraw 17.0 - New and Noteworthy
Dependency Checker Improvements
- The dependency analysis can now be performed anytime, not
just when sharing or exporting packages:
- It is possible to analyze dependencies between the selected
package/model and shared packages from the same or used projects. To start
the dependency analysis of the selected package/model, choose Tools
> Dependency Checker from the package/model shortcut menu in
Browser or in diagrams.
- It is also possible to perform project-wide dependency
analysis by choosing the Dependency Checker menu item from the
- The results of a Package Dependencies window can now be
filtered by the dependency severity level (Error, Warning or
- The dependency analyzer allows discovering cyclic
dependencies on modules now (the cyclic dependency has Warning status).
It is now possible to enable discovery of cyclic dependencies by selecting the
Check for cyclic dependencies on modules check box in windows invoked
from the Modules > Export Module../ Share Packages.. shortcut
Script Engine Improvements
- Jython 2.5.1 support.
- Jruby 1.4.0 support.
And the following bug fixes:
- Dragging a class from Browser to a component symbol in a
diagram now makes this class the Realizing classifier property of the
component, but not an attribute type.
- Displaying the transition link to self using the Display
Paths command causes no error.
- Using the Select in Containment Tree command in
Dependency Matrix diagram causes no error.
- It is possible to draw the Sequence Flow relation between a
pair of tasks in Business Process diagram, when the project is saved with
MagicDraw version 16.9 or older.
- Moving the Group symbol on the Collapsed Sub-Process symbol
causes no error.
- Drawing the Association of Text Annotation relation causes no
- When substituting a required missing module with another one
stored at a different location, a new module path is created in the General
- IDs for standard modules are allowed to be
- Locally-saved teamwork project after being reloaded and then
updated does not lose information about added and removed local
- The default Administrator user can login to teamwork server,
which is integrated with LDAP, even when LDAP integration is
- When LDAP integration is enabled, user is automatically
logged out from teamwork server, if his/her MagicDraw was exited
- The teamwork server uninstall procedure does not remove the
- If user is logged out from teamwork server, then locally made
teamwork project changes are not committed to the server on
- Images are included correctly in the report generated from
any ODS report template.
- Bullet points, numbered lists and line breaks are supported
correctly in report generation.
- #for page custom directive was fixed in ODT
- Special characters are supported correctly in ODT
- Generated report can be uploaded properly even if
"profile.xml" is write protected.
- Image tool scaling quality was improved.
- When using MagicDraw on Linux, tables do not disappear from
the HTML text area after closing the Specification
- When internet connection is limited or unavailable, MagicDraw
does not hang up on startup after being started for the first
- The Select in Containment Tree button is disabled,
when result is not selected in the Used By dialog.
- The performance of reloading big modules, that were saved
with MagicDraw 16.9 or older, is improved.
- Merge engine locks the elements of teamwork project before
executing the merge.
- The "Not Abstract Classifier" validation rule does not fail
on Interface element.
- Autosave does not force MagicDraw jumping.
- Now autosave action can be canceled.
- Now the Save button under Eclipse integration is
enabled, when project changes are made.
- Operation parameters can be exported to
For additional and detailed information on MagicDraw, please visit
, Software Development