Operating effectively across the Boundary of Enterprises
Organizations face a variety of challenges as they seek to collaborate effectively across enterprises, geographies, and through N-Tiers of partners and suppliers.
OEM’s / Brand Owners throughout the manufacturing sector continue to face significant challenges and obstacles as they struggle to manage critical cost drivers no longer directly in their control, but which left unchecked, can have a catastrophic affect on revenue and earnings. Supported by enterprise-centric systems that were not designed to deal with the complexity of today’s highly distributed manufacturing environments’, there was no solution, until now.
Supply Network Platform provides the answer
SN is a technical platform that delivers a highly configurable, secure, and scale-able multi-enterprise infrastructure and business process framework allowing internal and external stakeholders to collaborate and transact effectively across the boundaries of enterprises. SN™ provides the basis for development and execution of Newview’s applications, as well as for integration and coordination with other relevant applications, services, and information sources throughout the extended value chain. It utilizes a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) structure and protocol to organize a set of common services that are invoked by the applications.
SN Platform Structure and Features
The SN Platform ensures that system processes are enabled in a simple and consistent way, and allows the individual applications to manage user interaction, look and feel, security, application integration and other activities in a common way, improving the integrity of our solutions and dramatically shortening time to value.
Key Elements Include:
- Based on a robust Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Built to support multi-enterprise workflows.
- Supports the definition of a company/role hierarchy so that roles can be defined across the extended enterprise in a very general, scale-able way.
- Manages a portal based means of user interaction, where business processes are experience which gives users the components of a network business process solution, including roles, relationships, parts, materials and information.
- Process Management solutions that are organized by a series of application building blocks enabling a business user to quickly assemble and deploy across their Operations, Systems infrastructure, and External Supplier Community.
Scalable Transaction Management
SN™ delivers scalable transaction management to the sophistication of standards-based process management. SN™ features a highly flexible environment and four (4) powerful configurators, and rich libraries of reference data such as materials and innovative sourcing processes that allow a business analyst to model critical supply chain variables.
- The Network Configurator defines companies and roles, and how they relate to each other in a network context. Provides the ability to add companies and participants as administrative, not configuration, tasks.
- The Process Configurator defines the flow of activities, interactions with specified roles, and processing logic. Also provides the ability to coordinate user and integration activities seamlessly.
- The Resource Configurator defines the templates for capturing the ‘Bill of Resource’ criteria for the target process defined and utilized by the solution. This includes parts, components, materials, capacities, and operations. Provides powerful support for attribute structures and the ability to define any attributes by category and sub-category.
- The Information Configurator defines the specification of stored data (databases), or information to be associated with the solution and passed along in the workflow or passed to legacy applications. Provides integrated definition/generation of table structures with the ability to modify existing information structures.
The Supply Network Platform’s Service Oriented Architecture allows for maximum delivery and deployment flexibility. SN™ together with the Newview Suite of Products and Solutions provides can be delivered ‘On Demand” SaaS (Software as a Service), Hosted, or installed on your existing systems infrastructure. Newview provides a proven methodology, approach and services to configure and deploy our products and solutions to your Supply Network.