In today’s complex multi-tier manufacturing environment, no company is immune to the risks and consequences of supply disruptions. Newview’s Specification Management Process enables manufacturers to manage the risk of acquiring critical raw materials for the supplier base.
Specification Management provides the framework and capabilities for modeling the ‘Bill of Resource’ to develop a sufficient understanding of parts, materials, sources and capacities, supporting cost reduction initiatives through reducing material complexity and inventory held throughout the extended value chain.
- The ability to define part and material categories and attributes dynamically
- Interaction with suppliers to capture supplier catalogs
- OEM Ownership of part categories by OEM “category managers”
- The ability to provide search capabilities including recommended part usage to suppliers
- The ability to integrate purchasing activity from disparate sources
- The ability to summarize and report purchasing activity and recommendations
- OEM invites supplier to participate in the network; supplier subscribes
- Supplier inputs parts, materials, and processing capabilities
- OEM views parts and materials and “promotes” selected items to the the active public catalog. May also promote to a “preferred” status
- Suppliers search the public catalog for “preferred” options
- Suppliers send purchasing activity to OEM
- Purchasing activity is captured and associated with parts, materials, and suppliers