New Monaco Enterprise Corporation
New Monaco salutes Peachland for it’s sustainability checklist and will strive to exceed its standards. The site can be fully serviced and the New Monaco team is working with the District to ensure servicing concepts meet Peachland’s needs and requirements.
WATER SUPPLY STRATEGY
- Water will be supplied through the District’s water system and be integrated into the Water Master Plan.
- The current water licence for the site will be incorporated into the planning.
- Extensive measures to reduce water demand will be pursued.
- An on-site reservoir will be explored to support fire protection.
STORMWATER MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Stormwater will be infiltrated wherever possible to keep groundwater as close to predevelopment levels as possible.
- Stormwater will also be harvested where possible for irrigation uses.
LIQUID WASTE STRATEGY
- Water efficiency measures will be used to reduce production of waste water.
- Sewage collection should be mostly managed through gravity on the site.
- Flow will be directed to the existing pumping station which has capacity to deliver it to the West Kelowna treatment plant – which also has capacity to handle estimated flows.
- Some greywater may be treated and reused for irrigation on site.
ENERGY SUPPLY STRATEGY
- Electricity will be supplied by BC Hydro.
- Gas is available on the site.
- Alternative renewable energy systems will be pursued including solar, geothermal and district systems.