The EKP Portal Toolkit achieves this seamless integration through an Application Programming Interface (API), which pulls the necessary information from EKP and presents it in the desired format within the website or portal.
The API collects information from your EKP system, including course catalogs, news articles and training history, as well as performing actions such as enrolling users, launching courses and conducting surveys and assessments.
EKP, on its own, is already a very flexible and easy-to-customize system in terms of adapting the look and feel of an organization’s brand.
The Portal Toolkit gives organizations more flexibility by allowing them to present EKP’s functionality in an environment that is more familiar to or easier to access by their target audience, such as customized websites, assembly line kiosks and other devices that can deliver information at the point of need.
The EKP Portal Toolkit can be used to develop customized pages or user interface screens using Java/JSP, Microsoft.Net, PHP or any other programming language and platform that supports web standards (including HTTP and XML).
The EKP Portal Toolkit will help you enhance your existing website or create a brand new, customized portal to target various applications, including:
- Compliance/Certification Programs
Communicate critical information about to employees, partners, suppliers and other members of your extended enterprise.
- HR Policy Orientation
Disseminate the most updated HR news and policies to members of the organization -- ensure all staff members have the necessary information to adhere to the new policies.
- Pre-Hire/Recruitment Programs
Ensure that all potential candidates and new hires know about the requirements and competencies needed prior to hiring through a centralized orientation program portal.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
Update members of your organization with news of corporate actions and social responsibility -- allowing each member of the organization to understand their role.
- Third-Party Paid Training Services
Offer paid courses to third parties, taking advantage of EKP's robust and secure eCommerce functionality.
Although all these applications may also be realized by using EKP*, the EKP Portal Toolkit gives an EKP client a lot more flexibility in terms of website design and functionality. The possibilities are endless.
*Some customization may be necessary depending on the application requirements.
Take advantage of the EKP Portal Toolkit and:
- Develop an unlimited number of websites or portals with EKP functionality
- All sites pulling information from your EKP system
- Each website or portal can have its own look and feel
- Present information targeted at different departments or lines of business
- Enhance communication and collaboration within your organization and channel network
- Streamline the distribution of information
- Create a more engaging experience for members
- Create new revenue streams for your organization
- Provide a gateway for third-party users to access your courseware, surveys or assessments
- Enable self-enrollment for specific training courses
- Give learners an easy-to-access overview of their progress in courses or other training programs