3D Rapid Prototyping System
NeoTrux Systems is developing a unique RP machine (rapid prototyping), capable of making not just small but large scale products using a wide range of raw materials, from polymers to concretes.
Unit is capable of manufacturing parts from 10x10x10 cm all the way up to 10,000x10,000x10,000 cm (10.0 x 10.0 x 10.0 m) or even larger. Machine footprint is just 10 to 5 percent larger than the working envelope. The entire geometry is created using a revolutionary head design that hovers and creates the parts, layer by layer.
Capable of handling a wide range of materials, user has virtually no limits in selecting a material. 3D geometry can be loaded into the device using a WiFi link or an SD card. New release will add the functionality of a direct link to an iOS device (iPhone/ iPad) through Bluetooth serial port.
Preliminary technical specification of the mainstream unit:
- Working Envelope: 1.0 x 1.0 x 1.0 m
- Operating Voltage: 24 Volts (uses regular 110/220 Volt outlets)
- Foot print during operation: 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 m
- Foot print in standby mode: 1.2 x 1.2 x 0.10 cm
- Structure: NeoTrux patented ultra-light composite
- Shipping size : 0.8 x 0.2 x 0.2 cm
- Shipping weight: 12.0 kg
- Estimated cost of the kit (consumer buy direct) : 350.00 USD
- Estimated cost of the finished unit (consumer buy direct) : 850 USD