The KnowCharge technology platform uses a patent-pending process to
create engineered pulp fibers that can be added directly to raw pulp
during the paper making process.
This platform has four key advantages:
• Engineered pulp fibers introduce the desired feature into the paper, not as a separate coating
• Engineered pulp fibers act and behave
like regular pulp fibers, so there’s no change to the core properties of
the paper (e.g. strength, printability)
• Very small amounts of engineered fibers are required to incorporate the desired feature into paper (e.g. cost effective)
• Our process creates a green and environmentally friendly paper product that is cost effective
• Our platform is adaptable to a variety
of additional commercial applications like aerospace, battery, sensors
and food safety testing.
Our first-to-market product is a conductive liner board product that can
be used for electro-static discharge (ESD) protected packaging. Our
market opportunity is clear: clients in this $350M industry are
currently limited to using an ESD product that is costly as well as
hazardous to work with.
KnowCharge also produces a variety of custom conductive paper products,
including resistive, anti-static, dissipative, and conductive/shielding
For example, below is a photo of our green conductive paper, straight off the production line. It has a resistance of ca. 104 Ohms/square:
We also make the more conventional black conductive paper, seen
below; again, straight off the production line. It too has a resistance
of ca. 104 Ohms/square: