Construction and Project Management Group
Construction and Project Management Group
E.A. Farren, Limited is experienced in civil, building systems, and environmental engineering. It specializes in both conventional construction and design-built construction and project management in respect to function, timeframe, and cost.
E.A. Farren, Limited takes pride in working closely with its clients to carry out the necessary feasibility studies to prepare conceptual and final project design plans, prepare detailed cost estimates, to carry out due diligence and oversight both to guide the client in awarding the contract and to see that the project is completed with quality, on time and within established cost parameters.
The areas of expertise in E.A. Farren, Limited include building construction; bridges, roads and highway construction; water and sewerage construction; solid waste management treatment plant construction; planning and development, both urban and rural; and engineering feasibility studies.
Managing Director and Principal Consultant
- Education: M.Sc. (Econ.) in Industrial Relations and International Business, London School of Economics & Political Science, London, England.
- Private Sector Experience: Managing Director, multi-million dollar privately held real estate portfolio including managerial and budgetary responsibility for design, construction, and renovations on time and within budget.Consulting services to senior management on management and operations in companies ranging in size from 5 to 16,000 employees including the Fortune 500.Seminars and training programs for senior management and business leaders in Canada, the United States, and Europe.Board of Directors, Saint John Port Authority (Ports Canada) including Audit Committee, Business Development Committee, and Chair, Human Resources Committee.
- Government Sector Experience: Co-ordinated and participated in regional strategies and presentations to Parliamentary, Provincial, and State Legislative Committees and Agencies on economic development, industrial, and social policy issues.Intergovernmental Relations with Federal, State, Provincial and Foreign Government departments and agencies in Canada, the United States, and Europe on social, economic, and business policies and strategies.Budgetary control and guidance in a multi-million dollar municipal government.
- Education Sector: Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick Saint John. Taught senior level courses in International and Comparative Management, International and Comparative Human Resource Management, and Industrial Relations. Assisted in developing the BBA Learning with Leaders Program and internship development in international settings in the MBA program. Organized and developed visits with medium and large scale enterprises in Canada, the United States, and Europe for students within the BBA program.
- Awards: Award of Merit, Institute of Public Administration of Canada; Award for Outstanding Contribution, Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick Saint John.
Senior Project Manager
- Education: M.Sc. in Structural and Civil Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal; Diploma in Management Development, University of New Brunswick; courses to implement LEED.
- Professional Affiliations: P. Eng., Province of New Brunswick; Fellow, Engineering Institute of Canada.
- Private Sector Experience: Project Manager for recently completed $26 million Saint John Transit Complex on time and within budget.Shopping centres and high-rise buildings construction, steel fabrication plant, and commercial and residential building construction on time and within budget.
- Government Sector Experience: Part of overall selection teams for architects and contractors of the Saint John Aquatic Center and NHL size arena facilities and project management.Supervised construction of several civic arenas, police stations, fire stations, and community centres in Saint John on time and within budget for facility owners.
Senior Architectural Technologist
- Education: Graduate, Architectural College Preparatory Program, Millidgeville North High School, Saint John, N.B.
- Private Sector Experience: Retail shopping center and banking facilities, residential projects, heritage restoration projects, ecclesiastical reconstruction, industrial processing facilities, cinema complex and performing arts theatre restorations, pharmaceutical and petrochemicals projects in the Maritime Provinces.
- Government Sector Experience: Proposed new Justice Complex in Saint John, renovations to hospitals, Federal Prison and Revenue Canada Complex redevelopment projects, fisheries projects, and school construction and renovation projects in the Maritime Provinces.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011