Manheim - Buying and Selling Vehicles
Auction Lane Sales
Auctions bring qualified buyers and motivated sellers together in an open, live, competitive environment. Professional auctioneers lead the bidding process. On average a vehicle is sold about every 30 seconds in each lane.
In the wholesale automobile remarketing industry, Manheim's 60 years of experience has established the auction standard across our 87 operating locations.
Recent enhancements like the Super Seller Program and Green Sales continue to make the auction lanes the most active part of the used car business.
- Wide Selection of Vehicles - At Manheim auctions, buyers are able to select from the largest selection of vehicles in the wholesale market.
- Manheim's Recognized Integrity - Information technology and a strong code of ethics minimize odometer rollbacks & title laundering. Standards for frame damage and condition reports are more consistent industry-wide.
- Confidence of Manheim facilitated transaction; Professional arbitration is available if needed.
- Title Processing Convenience
- Critical Mass of Buyers - Interested buyers = more bids = higher sales prices.
- Affordable Participation - Manheim's auction fees, as a percent of vehicle selling prices, are extremely low.
- Reconditioning Value - Manheim's reconditioning services enable sellers to maximize total return on investment.
- Fast Source of Cash - Consignors can convert inventory into cash quickly.
- Volume Sales - Sellers can move large volumes of similar vehicles without depressing prices.
- Guaranteed Payment - Manheim facilitated transactions provide the security of payment.
Online Wholesale Marketplace
Manheim's online solutions connect used vehicle buyers and sellers around the globe to the largest, most comprehensive physical and virtual wholesale marketplace for vehicles.
Customers include both used vehicle dealers and national vehicle remarketers. Our online tools help dealers research, buy and sell used vehicles via Manheim.com, Manheim Simulcast and OVE.com. Our tools offer dealers access to the largest wholesale inventory, online and offline.
Manheim's website, Manheim.com, is a dealer's online source for the tools and information needed to quickly and easily locate vehicles, assess values, bid and buy vehicles online, and manage your Manheim account.
Through Manheim.com, users can access:
- PowerSearch - The starting point to find vehicles and their values.
- Auction pre-sales inventory, including Specialty and Highline vehicles.
- Condition Reports
- Manheim location information
- Manheim Simulcast
- Manheim Market Report (MMR)
- Post-sales results
- Ad Manager
Registration is required to access the resources available on Manheim.com.
- Locate the vehicle you need quickly and easily.
- Assess condition/View condition reports.
- Research vehicle values through Manheim Market Report.
- Buy or sell vehicles conveniently from your desktop through Simulcast and ove.com.
- View purchase/selling history and make online payments through myAccount.
Accessible via Manheim.com, Manheim Simulcast enables customers to buy and sell online in live auction sales via real-time audio and video. For buyers, it's as if you're standing in the auction lanes. For sellers using the remote seller tool, it's as if you're "repping" on the block.
Manheim Simulcast provides customers with the world's largest online inventory for live auction sales.
- Peace of mind - Buy with confidence since Manheim stands behind every transaction plus industry leading electronic condition reports and optional post sale Inspections are available.
- Work smarter - Save time and money, no need to travel to the auction means you'll have more time to stay on your lot selling.
- Unmatched inventory selection - Access to over 110,000 vehicles and 750 sales weekly at Manheim's North American locations.
- More bidders/buyers - Expand your reach and expose your inventory to a national audience.
- Remote Seller - Remotely represent your vehicles online reducing "if" and "no sales" to increase profits.
OVE.com is Manheim's 24/7 online wholesale vehicle marketplace with the largest selection of inventory in the industry. The site gives sellers the ability to remarket their inventory earlier in the remarketing cycle than physical auction lanes. Buyers save on time and travel expenses with desktop access to "Bid" or "Buy Now" from the largest nationwide selection of wholesale inventory available. Physical auction locations across the U.S. facilitate each transaction on the site, guaranteeing title, money and providing arbitration if needed on all transactions. OVE.com is also the only online wholesale site in the industry with a standing "no questions asked" online buyback policy.
- Selection - More than 20,000 wholesale vehicles available online.
- Confidence - National buy-back policy on qualifying purchases and guaranteed title transfers. All transactions facilitated by brick-and-mortar auctions located across the U.S., meaning that support and services are never far away.
- Virtual Backlot - Our retail view screen allows you to show customers vehicles for sale online without showing them a price.
- Convenience - Buy and sell 24/7 using your Manheim.com ID and password.
- Save on travel - Have more time on your lot to close deals.