Welcome to ABLE Orthotics » Uncategorized
- Buy good quality shoes that are appropriate for your foot type and your activities.
- Make sure your shoes fit you properly.Â If you slide your foot forward so your toes touch the front, you should be able to get a pencil between the back of your heel and the back of your shoe.Â Your foot should feel hugged, but not squeezed in your shoes.
- You shouldnât have to break in your everyday footwear or athletic shoes.Â Make sure they feel great right from the first time you put them on.
- If you are active around the house, avoid bare-feet and flimsy slippers.Â Wear a comfortable, supportive shoe when you are on your feet for any extended time.Â If you have reduced sensation in your feet, avoid bare-feet and sock feet altogether to avoid injuries and infections.
- Replace your shoes when they are worn:
- every 500 miles for running shoes,
- every 8-12 months for shoes worn 80% of the time,
- or when you notice bad wear patterns âwrinkles in the midsole, uneven tread, badly worn down soles, etc
- Inspect your feet regularly and watch out for, cuts, corns, and calluses.Â If required get help.
- Be active: regular exercise will not only benefit your heart and lungs but also your feet.
- Change your socks every day. Yup Mom really was right, and while you are at, it make sure they arenât too tight or too short.