iCED Chinese/English Dictionary
Internet Connection, ipod touch, Dictionaries
for iPhone (iOS 4 Compatible) , iPod touch and iPad.
iCED is a unique Chinese/English dictionary for the iPhone and iPod touch, and a new way to use a Chinese dictionary. After you've found the entry you were searching for, iCED will continue to search for compound or component entries to complement your search. Component entry dissection allows you to quickly understand the meaning of components in longer words or phrases. For example, if you look up 中华人民共和国, iCED will also look up 中华 and 人民共和国. You can then select the latter to break it up into 人民 and 共和国. When you get to single characters, iCED will look up compound entries starting with that character.
- No Internet connection required
- Uses the renowned ABC Comprehensive CE Dictionary (DeFrancis) featuring over 200,000 entries
- search using English words, Chinese characters, Hanyu Pinyin and radical index
- supports both traditional and simplified characters with an easy-toggle button
- history list keeps track of your searches
- word lists allow you to save your searches in categorized or themed lists for later review.
- [ABC] tone changes are shown for the head word in parentheses, ex: 一般 yībān (yìbān)
- [ABC] frequency indicators tell you which homonyms are used more frequently, ex. ¹ma*,²ma,¹mā,²mā,³mā (* shows most frequent regardless of tone)
- [ABC] hyper-linked related words; tapping on them will take you to the definition
- extensive use of Hanyu Pinyin so that you can readily pronounce words without further look-up
- [ABC] many example sentences to show you how to use the head word
[ABC] Some features, marked with [ABC], require the ABC dictionaries. All version 2.0 editions of iCED have the ABC Dictionaries; some editions require an in-app purchase to activate them. For more information, see the .
iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
, Frequency Indicators
, Internet Connection
, Iphone And Ipod
, ipod touch