Advanced Bi-layered Wound Care Device
3 dimensional HYAFF® (hyaluronic acid ester) matrix
- allows cellular invasion
- allows capillary growth
- positively impacts the natural re-epitheliazation process
Transparent Silicone Membrane
- protects the lesion / retains the moisture
- facilitates monitoring with no disruption of the new wound bed
Mechanism of Action
The HYAFF matrix allows cellular invasion by fibroblasts or endothelial cells
- HYAFF fibers degrade into hyaluronic acid and benzyl alcohol within the wound
- The presence of hyaluronic acid helps in maintaining well-hydrated tissue and may promote natural re-epithelialization.
Indications For Use
HYALOMATRIX® is indicated for the management of wounds including: partial and full-thickness wounds; second-degree burns; pressure ulcers; venous ulcers; diabetic ulcers; chronic vascular ulcers; tunneled/undetermined wounds; surgical wounds (donor sites/grafts, Post-Mohs surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence); trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, skin tears); and draining wounds. The device is intended for one-time use.
Features and Benefits:
- Single application device use for most wounds. Typically one application of Hyalomatrix is required to manage a viable wound bed capable of continuing re-epitheliazation or for the application of a skin graft
- Avoids some reactions. Hyalomatrix is a hyaluronic acid ester and contains no human or animal products, avoiding porcine and bovine sensitivities
- Ease of Use saves time. Hyalomatrix is easy to use: open the sterile pack; quickly identify the HYAFF side that faces the wound; cut the HYAFF pad to size; staple / stitch / tape to the site; 7 days later check the healing progress through the transparent silicone layer on top
- Pain reduction. Believed to reduce pain by proper coverage of exposed wound tissues. (Caravaggi, et al, Wound Bed Preparation With a Dermal Substitute (Hyalomatrix PA) Facilitates Re-epithelialization and Healing: Results of a Multicenter, Prospective, Observational Study on Complex Chronic Ulcers (The FAST Study), WOUNDS, August, 2011
- Lower risk of Infection. Cover most wounds / use with or without bacteriocidal dressings
- Less waste better inventory control. Hyalomatrix has a 4 year shelf life and can be stored at room temperature, allowing you to keep it on the shelf and have it readily available as needed, with no special handling or storage requirements at a reduced risk of waste.
Brochures and Case Studies
Hyalomatrix is contraindicated for patients with the individual hypersensitivity to hyluronan and/or its derivatives and silicone. Hyalomatrix does not possess bacteriostatic or bactericidal properties and should not be used on infected wounds. Remove Hyalomatrix if wound infection is confirmed. Single use only.