The MTE Program provides high quality employment services through a province-wide network of 10 Métis Employment Services (MES) offices and a Mobile Métis Employment Services RV. In this way, the MTE Program ensures that Métis people from across the province receive standardized employment assistance in their communities.
Each MES has well trained staff with knowledge of the local community and the employment outlook in their respective regions. Métis Employment Services also have the latest technology to facilitate your employment planning and to put you in touch with employers and training institutions not only in Alberta but across the country.
What can we offer you? How can we help you? Services available at each MES include:
- Employment assessment and action planning to help you meet your employment goals
- Employment counselling to help you resolve individual labour market issues
- Services for persons with disabilities
- Assistance with entrance to, and funding for, post secondary and other training programs
- Information and access to custom designed training projects specially designed for Alberta Métis
- Information on scholarships and bursaries
- Assistance to develop a high quality resume
- Referral to jobs and employers
- Assistance with interviewing skills
- Career planning, educational and other labour market information
- Access to computers, photocopiers and other resources