Niche RMS was designed from the beginning to support information sharing between police services. The implementation of Niche RMS by the Ontario Provincial Police Technology and Information Cooperative (OPTIC) in 1999 remains one of the largest data sharing cooperatives in North America.
Niche RMS supports multi-jurisdictional information sharing, allowing services to share information from either a single central server installation or by linking separate Niche RMS installations through our unique data sharing feature - InterNiche.
We offer a number of options to support inter-service information sharing:
- A single central system used by multiple services or jurisdictions
- A single central system with multiple domains, typically one per police service
- Multiple independent distributed systems connected via InterNiche - our peer-to-peer data-sharing capability
- A hybrid system combining a central system with distributed systems - supporting, for example, a number of large services with independent systems and smaller services sharing a system
- Niche also supports national vendor-independent data sharing initiatives like the Canadian Police Information Portal (PIP) project.