Leipsic Private Risk Management - Products
Innovative Products, liability insurance, Personal Property
Our insurers offer clients confidence in the risks they may face through:
Dedication to Service
Ultimately leading to superior claim resolution and peace of mind.
| || |
|Market Reach ||Global ||Global ||Canada and USA |
|Product offering ||Masterpiece Suite ||Private Client Group ||Guarantee Gold |
|Stock Symbol ||CB (NYSE) ||AIG (NYSE) ||Privately held |
|Website Address |
|Approx. # of personal lines brokers (Canada) ||325 |
(Private Client Group)
| || || || |
|2009 Net Premiums Earned (Canada)1 ||$619 M ||$597 M ||$251.5 M |
|2009 Canadian Net Premiums Written Ranking1 ||#14 ||#16 ||#25 |
|Minimum Capital Test2 (OSFI target = 150%) ||320% ||286% ||301% |
|Canadian Industry Average: 236% |
|AM Best Financial Strength ||A++ (Superior) ||A (Excellent) ||A (Excellent) |
|AM Best Financial Size ||XV (> $2,000 M) ||XV (> $2,000 M) ||IX ($250-500 M) |
|AM Best Credit Rating ||AA+ ||A ||A |
Chubb Insurance Company of Canada and Chartis Private Client Group are
recognized as a leading insurer to fortune 500 CEOs.
Key Policy Highlights
- Replacement cost valuations provided on all residences/properties.
- Full replacement of property guaranteed, regardless of inflation or increased material/labour costs.
- Option to take a cash payment equal to the replacement cost for both residences and personal belongings in the event of a loss.
- Jewelry and fine art appraisals not required on individual items valued at under $50,000, and $100,000, respectively. 150% replacement value available for jewelry and fine arts.
- Worldwide coverage available for personal property and liability including excess auto liability. This includes coverage for physical damage and third party liability for rented/borrowed vehicles.
- No visitation required on secondary properties for coverage to apply: only reasonable care required.
- Personal liability coverage available with limits up to $100 million.
- Liability insurance included for directors/officers of non-profit organizations. for rented/borrowed vehicles.
- Personal Injury protection included for defamation of character, libel, slander.
- Unlimited sewer backup included.
- Other available features include coverage for equipment breakdown, home invasion, kidnap and ransom, stalking, and employment practices liability, among others.
Our insurers maintain excess capital far exceeding minimum requirements,
demonstrating superior financial stability and ability to pay claims.
Operational Investment & Profitability: Combined Ratios
|Our insurers offer superior underwriting ability allowing them to provide
innovative products and services not readily available in the marketplace,
ultimately minimizing client exposure to financial loss and leading to
impressive financial strength. || |
|Combined ratio measures an insurer's underwriting
profitability. Ratios below 100% indicate an insurer's ability to make
profit on the premium they collect. For example, Chubb, Chartis, and GCNA's
5-year combined ratios are 87%, 82%, and 95%, respectively, compared to the
industry average of 99%. This includes claims paid and operational investment
over 5 years, yielding a remaining underwriting profit of 13%, 18%, and 5%,
respectively. Spread between the claims ratio and combined ratio is 31% for
Chubb, 21% for Chartis, and 34% for GCNA, compared to the industry average
of 29%, which demonstrates both operational efficiency and reinvestment. |
- [Disclaimer] Policy highlights listed above vary among insurers and are
subject to terms and conditions. Please see policy wordings for complete and
specific coverage details.
- 1Canadian Insurance Top Broker 2010 Statistical Issue, based on 2009 financial
- 2Minimum Capital Test is a standardized test of financial strength governed by
Government of Canada, www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca (Q2/2010)
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, liability insurance
, Personal Property
, Underwriting Ability