In broad terms, LeftField offers two main types of services – market analysis of Canadian crop markets and economic research related to Canadian agriculture.
LeftField Commodity Research covers all Canadian crops in its analysis, but especially focuses on those crops that tend to get overlooked by the mainstream analysts. We particularly enjoy digging around in obscure places for data, news and information to see what (if any) relevance and value it has for marketers. LeftField has built a solid base of data and information about Canadian and global crops to support our clients.LeftField offers independent fundamental and technical analysis of Canadian special crop markets. For example, LeftField’s comprehensive special crops service package covers peas, lentils, chickpeas, dry beans (occasionally) flax, sunflowers, canaryseed and mustard. The weekly service provides:
- Timely, ad hoc updates of important and relevant government reports from Canada and around the world. Clients receive these notices, which include our ideas about potential market impact.
- Feedback oppotunities for clients who wish to call or e-mail to ask questions, challenge the analysis, provide suggestions or simply bounce ideas around.
- Information and data access for clients who occasionally need a certain set of statistics or prices from our files.
For those clients that are looking for a slightly less comprehensive analysis focused on pulse crop markets, LeftField has added a new monthly information service. The new Monthly Pulse Letter covers field peas, lentils, chickpeas and dry beans and includes:
- Canadian market developments
- Global market developments
- Market outlooks
- Global price indications
- Canadian supply & disposition tables for peas, lentils, chickpeas and dry beans
If you would like to sign up for either service, follow the links below to get details and enrolment forms. To get started, fax or e-mail the form back to us. Or if you have any questions, please e-mail us at .or
We don't just cover special crops; canola markets are analyzed daily and other markets are monitored closely.In our view, good market analysis:
- Is action-oriented. It doesn’t just recite numbers, but makes actual conclusions and recommendations;
- Is easy to read in plain language and doesn’t rely on jargon. Well-written analysis gets the point across concisely and clearly;
- Doesn’t just repeat what others say, but conducts original studies of the particular topic. It isn’t just a round-up of what happened in the market but uncovers the underlying factors;
- Doesn’t pretend to be clairvoyant, but understands that the market can turn on a dime. It makes the most of current information but recognizes its limitations;
- Relies on extensive sets of data and uses solid analytical techniques that look at the market from a number of perspectives.
The economic research provided by LeftField includes consulting work such as:
- tailored market studies, including market reviews and impact analysis
- reviews and due diligence of business plans for investors and lenders
- pre-feasibility studies for agricultural businesses
- market presentations related to agricultural markets and marketing
- articles for publications or web sites