Serving Business — Since 1972
KWB has been serving Manitoba businesses for well over three decades. Traditionally, over 80% of our clients have consisted of small to medium-sized companies, across a broad range of sectors and industries.
At KWB, we are committed to the highest levels of integrity and objectivity. In our role of serving the diverse accounting and planning needs of a varied client base, we often act as multi-skilled "general practitioners" in deploying best practices and innovative services for our clients' specific benefits. Our expertise includes interpreting data, preparing management forecasts and productivity improvements, audits, providing financial advice, and risk management.
Business Advisory and Financial Management Services
- Start-up counseling
- Preparation of business plans and strategic plans
- Advice on record keeping, accounting and computer systems
- Advice on financial structuring of businesses and capital requirements
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow projections
- Advice on the purchase or sale of existing businesses
- Structuring of new and existing business entities
- Valuation of businesses and company shares
- Business planning and financial projections
- Assistance and advice in obtaining financing
- Analysis of information technology needs
- Preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Acting as Trustee for receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
- Developing management controls
- Management consulting and directorial overview
- Planning and structuring prospectuses
Investment and Taxation Expertise
- Income tax planning for business entities, companies, individuals, and trusts
- Formulation of personal financial plans
- Planning for superannuation and retirement
- Advising on investment in equities, property and fixed interest
- Giving opinion on general business investment
- Advice on the most effective structures to maximize taxation benefits
- Advising on changes in tax legislation
- Preparing estate plans
- Advising on all aspects of PST and GST
Audits and Accounting
- Assurance (audits and reviews)
We have also developed extensive knowledge and experience in the Agribusiness sector, and we continue to service our farming customers from KWB's Winnipeg office, as well as from our satellite offices in Niverville and Gimli. We provide services to farming clients in a number of significant areas:
Assurance and Taxation
We prepare financial statements and income tax returns for farmers involved in all kinds of operations. You may be a relatively small family-owned operator who requires an annual profit and loss statement for his/her personal tax return — or you may represent a medium to large scale production operation with multiple and diverse shareholders. Regardless of your needs, our qualified professionals can help you.
Government Assistance Program
The objective of the Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization Program (CAIS) is to achieve long-term income stability on your farm. This program allows you to deposit money annually into your CAIS account and to receive matching contributions from the federal and participating provincial governments.
Call us if you would like assistance in becoming part of the CAIS program.
KWB can provide advice to meet the unique needs of your farming operation.
Bank financing often plays a key role in financial strategies. Funds may be necessary for short-term working capital needs, or for expansion and growth plans. You may require a detailed business plan in which you project income, cash flow, debt servicing capacity, and other related reports.
Preliminary tax planning and budgeting remain important considerations for any business. We can deliver analysis and insight based on your specific requirements.
Planning for the future for your family-owned business can be challenging and often requires the help of an external professional with an independent approach. We can examine the issues that need to be resolved in order for succession to be achieved successfully, including tax planning, business valuations, and retirement needs.