Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
The Urgent Care Centre (UCC), located within the Dr. C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre offers the services of a medical center physician for "urgent" medical situations. No appointment is necessary and patients are usually treated on a first come, first serve basis.
UCC physicians offer treatment for a variety of urgent, non-life threatening illnesses and injuries such as:
- Abrasions/minor cuts
- Ear pain
- Minor injuries
- Pink eye
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Yeast infection
Who should go to Urgent Care?
- Those who need to be seen urgently by a physician but can't get to their family physician.
- Those who don't want to be at the end of the waiting list at the emergency room
- Those who don't have a physician.
The Clinic does not provide regular patient care through UCC. Patients with non-urgent medical problems are referred to their family physicians.
Who should NOT go Urgent Care?
Urgent care is not usually considered life threatening. Examples of urgent care include high fever, vomiting, sprains, minor cuts and small broken bones. Emergency care is usually considered life threatening and requires immediate care. For emergency care, go to Boundary Trails Hospital.
Examples of emergency care (who should not come to Urgent Care) are:
- Heart attack or Chest pain
- Loss of consciousness or convulsions
- Multiple or compound fractures