There are a number of parts on a car or truck that could cause major damage if they fail, and a large number of these vital parts wear down over an extended amount of time. A good example of one of these parts is an engine timing belt. Belts become worn and cracked, and if a timing belt were to break while the vehicle was being driven, the damage could be bad enough to completely ruin an entire engine.
A Tune-up begins with changing the spark plugs. Often this is all that is replaced on a “starting at price.” But many other engine components effect how well a vehicle runs and must be tested, inspected or replaced based on their age, driving conditions or wear. After inspection and testing we will quote itemized and individual prices based on which components actually need replacing.
1. Change the Spark Plugs
2. Change the Fuel Filter
3. Replace the Distributor Cap (if needed)
4. Check spark plug wires (replace if needed)
5. Check the belts (replace if needed)
6. Check the battery
7. Check oxygen sensors (replace if needed)
8. Replace the air filter (if needed)
9. Replace the PCV valve (if needed)
10. Change the rotor (older model vehicles)
11. Check the Coil or Coil packs (replace if needed)