Our lightweight, gas-burning masonry fireplaces are taking the hearth industry by storm
Complete with realistic logs, a remote control, and safety features, these fireplace systems are attractive on or off and have superior thermal output.
Available in 39″, 44″, and 49″ units, our 10″ B-vent systems add value and elegance to a home without the mess and hassle of old fashioned, wood-burning fireplaces. Also, the MGFP43ST See Through is now available and utilizes 12” b-vent and comes with RH Peterson gas logs. Designed for easy, multi-floor installations, our lightweight masonry fireplace systems meet all necessary U.S. building codes for outdoor / indoor construction.
Product Features & Benefits
- A fireplace system complete with a set of R.H. Peterson “Real-Frye” realsitc gas logs, designed with rich detail to replicate the natural beauty of wood.
- Clean and Environmentally Friendly: Gas-burning fireplaces have lower outputs of carbon monoxide, pollutants, and particulate mattter compared to wood-burners.
- Convenient, No-Mess Operation: Free from sparks and long-burning embers, no chimney cleaning, no messy ashes or wood chips, no wood storage space needed.
- Superior Warmth in Three Sizes:*
- MGFP39 (39″): 65,000 BTU’s (natural gas)
- MGFP39 (44″): 65,000 BTU’s (natural gas)
- MGFP39 (49″): 80,000 BTU’s (natural gas)
- * Also available for Propane
- Smaller Flue (10″ instead of 14″) for reduced framing requirements. Architects love it.
- Compliant with ANSI-Z 21.50 gas fireplace standard
- Handheld remote control for turning the gas on or off
- Electronic ignition with battery backup
- Safety shutoff feature for fail-safe operation
- Utilized industry standard 10″ B-Vent chimney
- Optional firebrick colors and patterns for an authentic fireplace look-and-feel.
|MODEL || |
|MFP 39 ||43″ ||39″ ||30¼” ||27¾” ||63½” ||950 |
|MFP 44 ||48″ ||44″ ||35¼” ||32¾” ||63½” ||1200 |
|MFP 49 ||53″ ||49″ ||40¼” ||37¾” ||63½” ||1250 |
All B-Vent Fireplaces come standard with a gas log set by RH Peterson
Gas Burning FAQs
Gas-burning models: MGFPST43, MGFP39, MGFP44, MGFP49.
Q: Can I install this fireplace outside
A: Yes. It is listed for BOTH indoors and out doors. Unit must be in an outdoor living space that has shelter from direct weather.
Q: Is this fireplace safe?
A: Yes. It has been tested to the ANSI Z21.50 for gas fireplace and is listed by PFS testing laboratories. Of course you must follow the operating instructions.
Q: Can I install the fireplace on a wood floor?
A : Yes
Q: Can I burn wood in this gas fireplace?
Q: What type of chimney do I use on this fireplace?
A: The fireplace has been tested with B- Vent chimney. Follow the instructions for safe installations.
Q: Can I install a glass door on the fireplace?
A: Yes, Follow the manufacturers instructions and always have doors in the fully open position when using the fireplace.
Q: Do I need firebrick inside the firebox?
A: Yes: MFI can supply firebrick panels for easy installation or a mason can lay firebrick inside the firebox.
Q: Can I install a see-thru Gas burning fireplace?
A: Yes. The MGFPST43
Q: Can I install this gas fireplace in a bedroom?
A: This depends on the local building codes. The fireplace is safe but you have to follow the building codes.