Maine Glass - IF specification
Glass, Interior Insulating Windows
Interior Fixed > Specification
Below is the general specifications for Maine Glass fixed interior insulating
Fixed Aluminum Interior Insulating Windows
- Work - Included - Provide all laor, material and equipment necessary
to manufacture and deliver fixed interior insulating window designed
compatible with Between-the-Glass blinds and components as specified.
- Product Overview - Removable fixed panel windows. Trackwork (described
below) and blind (if applicable) are installed first, pre-glazed window
in sash (described below) is then inserted up and into the opening.
Window seals to trackwork with a wool pile compression seal at top and
bottom (sill and header), and a magnetic seal along the sides (jambs).
- Standard windows shall be 3/16" glass. Other glazing options are available
to meet the requirements of the project.
- Window shall be glazed into aluminum sash rail with mitered and screwed
- Components of Framework shall include (top) deep-track, (bottom) shallow-track,
(bottom) mullion (for use with blind operator), and two side steel angles.
- Color is to be specified by customer.
- Detailed written installation instructions and drawings shall be included
- Samples of material may be furnished upon request, with a cost to
- Independent product performance test results shall be furnished upon
- Five year warranty on the material. Five year warranty on all components that are defective in material or
workmanship for five years from the delivery date. Under no circumstances does this warranty cover glass broken after the delivery has been accepted, or any material that is damaged during installation.
- Aluminum (top) Deep-Track's average depth is 3/4" and average height
is 1 1/4".
- Aluminum (bottom) Shallow-Track's average depth is is 0.430" and and
average height is 1/2".
- Steel Angle is 3/4" x 1/2" 90° angle, 24 gauge metal painted on
- Mullion shall be 1" x 3/4" hollow core aluminum tube.
- Aluminum Sash is attached to the glass with rubber spline. Wool pile
is inserted into the weather stripping slots at the back of the top
and bottom (jamb and header) exposure, magnetic strips are inserted
into the back side of the side (jamb) exposures. A screw boss is incorporated
into the sash member to allow for mitered and screwed corners.
- Final inspection shall be by the manufacturer before shipping.
- Unloading of Delivery Truck and Installation shall be the responsiblity
*Continued efforts in product improvement may change product specifications.
, Interior Insulating Windows