LDRC - Community - websites
Learning Disabilities Resource Community
External Links open in a new window.
- - Offering a variety of educational products including a comprehensive learning plan, created online. Many free resources for teachers, parents, and students, including a learning styles identifier, greeting cards, kindness coupons, awards, educational game
- - Offers a comprehensive listing of books that feature a lead character with a disability.
- - Specializes in software and hardware for persons with disabilities.
- - We offer reading, writing, word-study and computer access products, as well as professional development services for educating teachers on using technology in the classroom to teach reading and writing.
- - Products developed by IBM that aid in developing cognitive abilities and encourage reading and writing.
- - IDEACHAIN works like no other reading comprehension program because it uses a series of activities to help the reader learn to use the skill of mental imaging.
- - The place to buy the best materials on learning disabilities and related topics.
Within each topic area, you'll find information on books, videos, audio tapes, and other resources.
- - Canadian source for assistive technology for the LD and ESL communities. Offering the Reading Pen II, QuickPAD IR and WordQ word prediction software as well as many different electronic translation dictionary products.
- - A collection of metacognitive tools to enhance thinking strategies. Free toolbar to download.
- - PRO-ED, Inc.'s products are designed for use by professionals, parents, and students.
- - The nation's educational library for those with print disabilities.
- - For children and adults struggling to learn their multiplication tables, a new books shows them how to visualize the multiplication facts in seven simple images. Recall the images and SEE the answers to all the facts. Also available in French edition Appr
- - Offers a variety of software products for Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, Augmentative Communication and Speech Disabilities.
- - Help for Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities and Attention Difficulties through the use of a powerful, easy-to-use home administered balance and sensory stimulation exercise program that strengthens the underlying structures of cognitive ability, including r
- - Provides assistive technologies for people with various disabilities.
- - WordQ word prediction software makes writing easier for people who have a learning disability or who are learning English as a Second Language (ESL). It uses word prediction to suggest words for you to use and provides spoken (text-to-speech) feedback.