Whole, Grade A Duck
If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C).
- Remove from bag and remove neck and giblets from body cavity.
- Rinse duckling under water.
- Bake covered, breast side up, on rack in a roasting pan for 2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for 30 minutes.
The legs move freely and juices run clear when the cooking is complete. Cooking time
should be approximately 30 minutes per pound (60 minutes per kg) or until internal
temperature reaches 180°F (82°C) measured at the thigh joint.