The Quick Chop is a complete and affordable push feed chop saw optimization system.
1. Using a luminescent crayon, the operator marks a board for defects and places the board on the stops. These crayon marks will not appear on the cut board.
2. With the push of a button the chop saw operator can select which cutting bill to use on the board. Unlike the slow 'paddle' measuring/defecting technique, the operator does not have to walk from one end of the board to the other to determine the board's length.
3. The servo controlled pusher/scanner then scans the board for length and the location of the crayon marks. The board is then dropped in front of the pusher/scanner and it is fed into the saw and cut at the optimum positions based on the data collected.
As the board is being cut, the operator can mark the next board, place it on the stops and select the next cutting bill, so that it can be scanned immediately the instant the previous board is finished.
Three stages of operation provide for a faster production rate.
The Quick Chop Will:
- Accurately cut
boards to length from cutlists plus or minus .030". For even closer tolerances the Quick Chop chop saw optimization system offers the option of a lineal encoder for accuracy of plus or minus .010.
- Allow operator
to use familiar crayon based defect marking and grading.
yield of cut stock and prioritize chop lengths.
accurate and smooth cuts with a mechanical chop saw.
accurate tallies of production and yield.
- Increase operator
- Network with office computers to import cut lists
from spread sheets and review reports.
- Print legths and
references on parts with an optional inkjet printer.
network with other Quick Chops and the Quick Rip to
collectively work on jobs and increase yield.
- Increases Yield
- Reduces Labor
- Increases Safety
- Full Computer System
- Fast & Easy to Operate
Customers who will benefit from the Quick Chop:
to medium sized shops.
- Those who currently have operators
using manually operated chop saws.
- Manufacturers of high
quality wood products.
Productivity: In summary:
Up to 10,000 lineal
feet per 8 hour shift. Speed is directly related to number
of cuts per board. More than an average of 5 cuts per
board will yield lower production numbers.
The Quick Chop will increase yield and safety
on your chop line.