Years of hotel management experience has taught us what revenue and expense items to track. These are important distinctions when operating a hotel in the real world, where the goal is to meet and exceed profit targets. Our information gathering and reporting systems are designed to provide efficient use of hotel staff and technology - and to insure that JHS has the necessary operational statistics and details to provide cost-control oversight.
Detailed operating budgets are used to carefully control spending because good control on expenses is critical to achieving excellent operating margins. JHS implements and monitors strong internal controls which are critical to preventing losses through fraud and theft. We ensure that accepted risk management practices are being followed in order to reduce exposure.
All of this is designed to maximize the potential of your property by producing the best possible bottom line and increasing its eventual sales value.
- Each JHS property operates under an annual budget that is prepared in advance of the following year.
- The budget is submitted to ownership for review and approval.
- All financial performance is measured against this plan.
- All financial statements are reviewed by the Director of Operations and a summary is prepared and reviewed by JHS Executive Management.
- Monthly meetings with ownership.