VU - inVisu inc
VU is the most popular software of our line of products in scientific visualization. It combines performance, configurability and respect of the computed numerical data.
Its main features are:
- Structured, unstructured and hybrid meshes
- Scalar, vector and symmetric tensor fields
- Non-restricted number of solution fields
- Cutting planes at arbitrary orientations, indicated by the user or modified interactively
- Combination of different fields of the solution as mathematical expressions
- Isosurfaces of any variable or any mathematical expression defining a secondary variable
- On-the-fly calculation and interactive control of streamlines and particles injection
- Integration across the boundaries of blocks or meshes
- Reading and animation of several files to study transient phenomena, to follow the evolution of an adaptive mesh or to illustrate the parametric study of the solution.
Some functions of VU can be called by user programs in order to:
- read user-specific file formats,
- interpolate a solution for specification of initial conditions on a second mesh,
- share data in memory between VU and a program (solver, mesher, etc.) for visual monitoring.