What is OrFind?
OrFind is an easy to use tool for detecting and removing unlinked (or "orphaned") files from your website. OrFind
works by checking every link on your website and comparing those links to the files stored
on your server. The result is an easy to understand view of the files your website uses
and which ones it does not.
If your website has been updated over the years it probably contains unused files which waste space and create
potential security risks. Finding out which files are needed and which can be removed
can be a daunting task. Fortunately, OrFind can help.
Features and Benefits
- Integrated FTP Client - OrFind works on local files or files on
your server (connect using FTP, FTPS or SFTP!)
- Low cost, no size limits - OrFind has a low one-time cost, no matter
what the size of your website or how often you use it!
- Backup and Delete Orphans - OrFind can automatically backup and
remove unused files from your server
- PDF, Excel and CSV Reports - Export OrFind's results to a variety
How does it work?
OrFind works by "subtracting" the files linked on your website from the files that
are actually stored on your server. Files that are on the server but are not linked
through your website are considered orphans.
OrFind's results are presented in two easy to read file trees;
one showing the orphaned files and one showing the accessible files. You can select
orphan files for backup and removal directly from OrFind. If your website
is constantly changing, OrFind can provide a scheduled report of your orphans; daily,
weekly or monthly. It's up to you.
Download a free trial today and discover what secrets are hiding on your server.
- Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server (R2)
- 32-bit and 64-bit supported
- 2Ghz Pentium 4 CPU
- 256MB RAM
- 100MB of available hard disk space