Shipping Terms and Restrictions
Inlad Truck & Van Equipment
- Whenever possible, we ship orders with 24 hours. However, delivery times vary for each product.
- Most of our trucking carriers offer Curb Side Delivery to customers’ locations. It is the responsibility of the customer receiving the shipment to have the means to unload, e.g., by fork lift or by loading dock.
- INLAD is not responsible if the product cannot be unloaded off the truck. Truck drivers are not responsible to help unload the shipment.
- We cannot ship to P.O. boxes or to military APO/FPO addresses.
- Some items do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. Please ask our Sales Reps for guidance on this.
- INLAD stocks what it sells. We fulfill most of our own orders, from our own warehouses, with our own people. We take extra care and effort to package everything we ship out so you receive your order damage free. This means a quicker and damage free delivery to you.
Free Freight on Knaack® Product
- Orders must ship within the lower 48 states.
- Free Freight terms apply to business addresses or terminal pick ups only.
- Residential deliveries or deliveries requiring lift gates do not qualify for free freight terms.
- BUSINESS WITH RESIDENTAL ADDRESSES WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR FREE FREIGHT.
- Local delivery areas are Chicago Metro / Washington DC, Baltimore, N. Virgina Metro / Milwaukee Metro.
- For our local customers we offer delivery on our own trucks.
- Local delivery charges vary due to order size and location of delivery.
- In order to minimize your cost, we select our Freight Carriers based on the freight destination.
- You may choose your own carrier.
- You may request 3rd party billing.
- Please inform your sales person on shipping preference.
- Extra charges will apply if you request lift gate service. This must be specified upfront.
- All lift gate charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Due to weight limitations for streets in residential areas, these charges are higher than deliveries to commercial addresses. In many cases a trucking company will send a smaller truck (e.g., not an 18-wheeler) to residential addresses in order to be in compliance with weight limitations. This results in additional charges up to $70 depending on the freight carrier.
- If you request lift gate service additional charges up to $100 will apply depending on the freight carrier. If the customer does not request lift gate service, INLAD is not responsible for the freight cost if the product cannot be removed from the truck. Please note that truck drivers are not responsible to help unload the product. If the customer cannot unload the product and it is brought back to the shipping depot, future attempts to deliver this product will result in additional costs which are the responsibility of the customer.
- Ask your sales person for more details.
- Terminal Pickup.
- You may request terminal pick up to avoid the extra residential charges.
- This is a great alternative to residential deliveries.
- If you have a preference on common carriers, please let us know at the time of your order.
- We ship with Fed Ex for our smaller items weighing up to 150 lbs.
- We will determine which method of shipping will be the most economical.
- Please note that FedEx cannot ship to a PO Box.
- If shipping to Hawaii or Alaska, the shipment will be mailed only by Second day air.
Standard FedEx transit times:
| Shipping || Verification || Transit Time || Delivery |
|Ground ||1 business day ||2-7 business days ||2-8 business days |
|Second day air ||1 business day ||2 business days ||3 business days |
|*Next day air (please call) ||1 business day ||1 business day ||1-2 business day(s) |
*Upon customer request only. Contingent on stock on hand and time of request
- Please contact one of our Sales Reps for details.
- PLEASE INSPECT YOUR ORDER IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL. DO NOT DISPOSE OF THE BOX OR ANY PACKAGING MATERIALS UNTIL YOU HAVE INSPECTED YOUR ORDER AND ARE SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT YOU HAVE RECEIVED. If your product was shipped to you by freight carrier or FedEx please inspect the product for visible damage before the carrier leaves. Please make any notations on the Bill of Lading (delivery receipt).
- If you do receive a damaged shipment you may choose not to accept the delivery at that time and we will handle any claims directly with the carrier.
- If the damaged item can be repaired, mark on the bill that items are damaged and we will send the parts you need to fix.
- In the unfortunate occasion that your freight shows up with damage and you did not mark it on the bill, the freight considers you the owner of the product and will not allow us to put in a freight claim. However, please call us so we may assist you in any way we can on making your freight claim.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011