Our management team has over 30 years of combined anesthesia billing experience.
ASA studies have documented that over $5 billion claims a year are under paid each year. Only Six (6%) of these claims are appealed on average for proper reimbursement. Through our anesthesia knowledge and our automated work flow systems, we make sure that your claims never fall into this category.
Here are some examples of how we have put our knowledge to work:
- The QS modifier should be used on charges for monitored anesthesia care cases
- We know the difference between a preoperative evaluation and a consultation.
- We are familiar with evaluation and management codes, which are used in general by anesthesiologists practicing pain medicine.
- We understand nuances relating to defining base and time units and calculating concurrency.
- We can provide direction relating to the documenting of medical direction.
- We understand the billing nuances relating to CRNA services.
- We have experience with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and invasive lines, discontinuous time, and critical care services.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011