HOB MacGate gives you Remote Desktop access to your Mac
computer over a network, either a LAN or the Internet. This access is
possible from every client platform: Windows PC, Linux PC, Thin-Client or even
from another Mac.
Work anywhere as if on your own Mac
All components and elements of the Mac user interface such as the menu list,
and the program windows are fully functional in the Remote Desktop session.
Integration of the Mac in the Windows world
Many users work on a Windows PC as well as a Mac. With HOB MacGate both of
these systems are fully integrated.
Access to an RDP Client
Remote Access over the Internet
HOB MacGate is the secure solution for remote access to a Mac computer over
the Internet. It requires only the HOB remote access solution
HOB RD VPN (Remote Desktop Virtual Private Network) and the HOB
WebSecureProxy. The greatest advantage of this solution is that the user need
not install any software on the client computer. The window with the Remote Desktop
is launched through a browser.
HOB MacGate: Remote access over the Internet - easy and secure
Easy and comfortable
For the installation of HOB MacGate on a Mac there is an easy-to-use installation
program. HOB MacGate installs itself on the
Mac as an application that runs in the background (as a Daemon) and waits for access to a
client. A simple icon in the system control panel means that HOB MacGate
can be configured by using a standard dialog.
Features at a glance
- Remote Desktop access using RDP protocols
- Open the desired Mac applications remotely while working in your
- Access by RDP client (e.g., MS TSC, HOBLink JWT)
- IP port configurable for each access
- Support of the RDP security procedures
- Logging of HOB MacGate messages
- Synchronization from remote and local screen resolutions
- Copy and paste of text in both directions
- Support of multiple country-specific keyboards
- operating system Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- processor with min. 1GHz
- min. 256 MB RAM recommended
- a supported RDP client running on each system.
- RDP client: HOBLink JWT or Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection